Create a Trust Online
WITH AN ONLINE REVOCABLE TRUST PACKAGE
Avoid Probate and all of its problems with a Revocable Trust Package prepared by Attorney Dean Hanewinckel
- Avoid expensive and time-consuming Probate
- Be secure with an attorney drafted Trust Package
- Eliminate or reduce your Estate Tax burden
- Plan for incapacity
- Make sure your family doesn’t suffer from the same fate as Terri Schiavo’s family
Click Here To Get Started
If you are a Florida resident, we can help you create an estate plan that will avoid probate and transfer your assets to your heirs in the most efficient manner possible.
This is not a “one size fits all” set of forms that leaves you to figure out how to fill in the blanks.
As an attorney licensed to practice in Florida, I will represent you, counsel you about your estate planning needs and options, and work with you to create the estate plan that best meets your needs and those of your family. I will be your attorney.
Many internet trust providers are not licensed to practice law. They provide you with forms and you have to fill in the blanks, hoping that the document will accomplish what you want. They also leave it up to you to transfer your property into the trust, many times with disastrous consequences.
- Did you know that improperly transferring your home to your trust could damage your homestead exemption and may cause your property taxes to double or even triple?
- Did you know that transferring certain qualified investments such as IRAs may result in thousands of dollars in tax liability?
- Did you know that property that is not properly transferred to your trust will have to go through probate? And defeat the purpose for setting up the trust in the first place?
There are many hidden traps that the internet trust providers don’t tell you about. You may save money up front, but your heirs and loved ones are the ones that will pay for the lack of guidance. Sometimes to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars in probate costs.
How Does the Online Revocable Trust Package Work?
STEP ONE: Fill out the online Client Information Form. This will give us the information
we need to start the process. We will then send you by e-mail (or U.S. mail if you request)
a new client package that includes the following:
- Client Agreement – sets forth the services that we will provide you and your duties in this process.
- Confidential Estate Planning Questionnaire – provides information we will need to prepare your documents and fund your trust.
- Checklist of Items Needed to fund the trust – we will need copies of investment account statements and other documents so that we can prepare transfer letters and forms.
- Initial Consultation Memo – this will highlight topics that we will discuss during our initial phone consultation.
STEP TWO: Initial Telephone Consultation. I will answer any questions you have about revocable trusts and your estate planning and I will obtain the information I need to prepare the first drafts of your trust package documents. One-half of the fee will then be due.
STEP THREE: Review Drafts of Your Documents. We will send you drafts of all of the trust package documents for your review. If you have questions or want to make changes, I will consult with you by telephone. We will then make any changes needed and send them to you for review.
STEP FOUR: Signing the Documents. We will mail you the finalized documents ready for your signature. We will send you instructions for signing. You will send us back the documents necessary to fund the trust (deeds and transfer letters) and we will finish funding the trust. The remainder of the fee will be due at this time.
What Documents Are Included in the Revocable Trust Package?
- Revocable Trust Agreement – This is the central document of the package. It creates your trust, appoints a trustee and oversees the distribution of your estate.
- Pour-Over Will – This is similar to your current Will, however, the Pour-Over Will takes any property not already in your trust at the time of your death and “pours it over” into the trust. Any property passing through the Pour-Over Will must go through probate, so we try not to use it. It is there as a safety net in case you failed to transfer all of your property into your trust.
- Durable Power of Attorney – This document allows you to appoint the person of your choice to act on your behalf and deal with any property outside the trust if you should become incapacitated. This simple document helps avoid the need for a court appointed guardian.
- Designation of Health Care Surrogate – With this document, you appoint a trusted family member or friend to make health care decisions for you if you are unable to make them yourself. This will help make sure your family doesn’t suffer the same fate as Terri Schiavo’s family.
- Living Will – Your written declaration that, if you are in a terminal condition with no chance of recovery, you do not wish to be kept alive by artificial means.
- Deeds to transfer your Florida real estate into your trust.
- Documentation necessary to ensure that you retain your homestead exemption.
- Bill of Sale to transfer your tangible personal property into the trust.
- Letters and assistance to transfer your bank accounts, investments and out-of-state real estate into your trust.
How Much is Peace of Mind Worth to You?
Probate costs generally average between 4% and 8% of the total value of your probate estate. This means that if you have a home worth $300,000 and investments worth another $200,000, the probate costs for your estate would range between $20,000 and $40,000.
That’s money that is going to attorneys, accountants, administrators, court fees, and other probate costs. More importantly, that’s money that is NOT going to your heirs and loved ones. A Revocable Trust eliminates the need for probate and can reduce administration fees from tens of thousands to just hundreds of dollars.
Plus, how do you place a value on eliminating the time and aggravation of probate from your family members’ lives during their time of loss?
That is exactly what a Revocable Trust Package will do. Your investment to create your Revocable Trust Package, with all of the documents described above, is $1,950.
Doesn’t it make sense to take advantage of the peace of mind and value that a professionally prepared Revocable Trust Package will provide?